Caribou is a domestic and international packet and parcel consolidator that puts people, technology and service at the heart of everything it does. Headquartered in Manchester we collaborate with over 500 retailers globally and deal with a nationwide network of clients, integrating with all major selling platforms and shippers.
With the vast expansion of Caribou, we are looking for someone to fill our Head of Learning role.
Job Description and Personal Specification
The position of Talent Manager involves solving and anticipating the group companies' recruitment needs. The primary objective of the role is sourcing great new team members who will thrive in Caribou and grow our business, as well as actively succession planning for future expansion.
The successful candidate will manage the candidate experience and give them a fantastic first impression of Caribou. You may potentially liaise with any 3rd party providers, and most importantly with candidates and future members of the team.
- Using our CMS Recruitee and other platforms to source great candidates
- Developing authentic relationships with prospective new team members
- Attending and organising events to network with potential candidates
- Building a talent pool of strong candidates for future vacancies
- Writing job specifications and descriptions
- Posting and managing vacancies on suitable job boards and platforms
- Filling vacancies within efficient timescales
- Anticipating future vacancies
- Handling the full recruitment process with candidates, and from an administrative perspective from sourcing to start date.
Skills and Experience
- Fluent in English both spoken & written
- People person
- Familiarity with platforms such as LinkedIn and software which supports sourcing candidates
- A proven track record in recruiting top calibre candidates in their sector
- Experience working in recruitment in a digital environment, whether in-house or with a recruitment agency
- Ambitious and organised self-starter
- Able to work independently and use creative thinking to solve problems
- Excellent communicator both with internal and external stakeholders
- An interest in the digital space
- Existing network of great people