Head of Learning
Caribou is a domestic and international packet and parcel consolidator that puts people, technology and service at the heart of everything it does. Headquartered in Manchester we collaborate with over 500 retailers globally and deal with a nationwide network of clients, integrating with all major selling platforms and shippers.
With the vast expansion of Caribou, we are looking for someone to fill our Head of Learning role.
Job Description and Personal Specification
You are passionate about learning and an expert in your field, this role will be responsible for creating and implementing a learning strategy that enhances the brand of Caribou. You will be responsible for enhancing and developing capabilities in support of Caribou’s business growth. We will look to you to shape and deliver a learning program to meet the business needs and excite everyone. You will act as a trusted learning and development person by building relationships with the leaders and colleagues across Caribou.
A team player with relevant senior L&D experience, ideally within a fast-paced, forward thinking business with a proven track record of success in creating, developing and delivering a range of learning platforms.
A natural communicator and collaborator that quickly gains the trust and engagement of our everyone across Caribou to deliver results, quickly but effectively. A brilliant presenter and facilitator, experienced in facilitating, and delivering training with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
Capable of designing and managing learning opportunities with the appropriate levels of consistency for Caribou, and a clear understanding of international cultural differences. Able to work in an agile, high pressured environment and can respond quickly to stakeholder needs.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as an L&D Manager, Training Manager or similar
- An ability to influence whilst managing multiple, complex initiatives and activities
- Demonstrable the ability to innovate, think creatively and be the go to person
- Hold proven people management skills with a CIPD or CTP qualification (or equivalent)
- Confidence in both written & spoken communication with an ability to present to everyone
- A familiarity with e-learning platforms & practices
- A passion for learning, development and of course people.
- Carry out training needs analysis and make recommendations based on findings.
- Provide L&D insight, facilitation and project leadership to enable the scaling of the business through hyper growth.
- Analyses trends and metrics as they apply to L&D, develop proactive plans & act upon them to further support business objectives.
- Use a variety of learning methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of learning.
- Launch and build out a LMS
- Together with business leaders create a culture which is open and connected and which expects the highest standard of behaviour and ethical conduct throughout Caribou.