Caribou is a domestic and international packet and parcel consolidator that puts people, technology and service at the heart of everything it does. Headquartered in Manchester we collaborate with over 500 retailers globally and deal with a nationwide network of clients, integrating with all major selling platforms and shippers.
With the vast expansion of Caribou, we are looking for an experienced Finance Director to join the team.
- Provide commercial leadership through financial and commercial knowledge and capability
- Identification and mitigation of risk including designing processes and systems.
- Leads the Management Team in the preparation of budgets and financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets
- Strategic planning including application of market knowledge.
- Providing financial and commercial insight to the business's senior team through establishing financial monitoring processes and regular analysis of the P&L
- Providing the ongoing management of third party financial arrangements including contractual and commercial negotiation leadership.
- Contributes to the achievement of the company objectives by providing advice, guidance and delivery of financial strategy
- Oversees all accounting procedures and systems used by the business area and ensures robust and efficient connection to remaining corporate information systems.
- Meets with the Management Team regularly to keep them informed and to offer financial direction
- Review reports and analyse projections against actual figures and suggests methods of improving the planning process
- To take an active role in both team and self-development. To actively participate in driving forward best practice and to provide support and encouragement to peers
Skills & Experience
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Leadership of key finance function
- Deep understanding of commercial and financial management, budget control and cost optimisation, ideally gained through experience in an organisation undergoing significant transformational change
- Experience of working in fast paced, multi-channel customer focused organisations
- Experience of developing business cases for investment and change
- Ability to think and act strategically but also to operate and implement change tactically when required, dealing effectively with ambiguity and managing changeable business priorities
- Looks beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems