Caribou is a domestic and international packet and parcel consolidator that puts people, technology and service at the heart of everything it does. Headquartered in Manchester we collaborate with over 500 retailers globally and deal with a nationwide network of clients, integrating with all major selling platforms and shippers.
You will report directly to the Finance Director and work closely and effectively together with Finance, Operational and Commercial teams.
- Collecting due and overdue debts
- Reducing debtor days
- Credit checking new customers; imposing and maintaining credit limits
- Producing monthly debtor statements
- Identifying potential bad debts and escalating these to the Credit Control manager or Financial Controller as required
- Maintaining sales ledger to ensure all accounts are kept tidy and client details are up to date
- Stop supply of goods or services to overdue accounts
- Ensuring all static data is accurate
- Dealing with customer queries punctually and effectively
- Dealing with internal queries, as required
- Making recommendations to management on improvements to systems and controls.
- Previous credit control and or sales ledger experience
- Strong and confident telephone manner
- Ability to make decisions using good judgement both quickly and effectively
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships
- Ability to work under own initiative